Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nishan

Location: Nishan

****************

Update:  11/2/2017

Nishan is now closed and has been replaced by Delicious which moved from its previous location.

****************

Rating: Not great
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  790 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Keema curry
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:Possibly

Nishan is right above Sui Sen, the Chinese restaurant I quite like.  As such I usually prefer to eat at Sui Sen and don't get to Nishan very often.  But it was time to go again today for the sake of a review.


As nice as the proprietors of Nishan are, I can't really recommend the food.  Like most all of the Indian places in Yokosuka, the flavors are one noted and on the sweet side.  Today especially I noticed the sweetness lurking under the "extremely spicy" keema curry I ordered.  I refuse to eat the naan in this town because it is all terribly sweet.  I have to hand it to the staff though, when I asked for a salt lassi, they actually tried to make one!  It was terrible though...tasting of egg and only slightly less cloying than the usual sweet lassi, as if they took the regular item and tried to dump some salt in it.  But they did try and for that I'm grateful.



Since there are so many Indian restaurants here, only one or two are slightly ahead of the pack as far as quality goes.  And this is not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment