Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Royal Kitchen

Location: Royal Kitchen


Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1200 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes: "Indian" style chicken curry, rice
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:No

 I almost reviewed this place last Thursday when my son and I ate here.  But I had a chance to meet and speak with the owner about the lack of good Indian food in Yokosuka despite the plethora of restaurants (this in the context of the opening of the newest this Friday...to be reviewed...).  He had many excuses for the badness:  Japanese onions are sweet but proper red onions are expensive, fresh tomatoes are expensive, Japanese taste skews to sweet and milky, etc...  Still he said that if I were to come at a non-busy time and ask for "indian-taste" curry, I could be made some.  So I determined to return later and try this before my final review.




Had I given the previous meal a review, it would probably have been a "Not Great," but I'm giving it an "Ok" mainly because there was an attempt made to satisfy a rather demanding customer (yours truly).  I can't say it was an incredible chicken curry, but it was a bit better than the usual.  Of course, since it was a special order I didn't get any lunch special prices (2 curries plus Naan for 900 yen), but that's to be expected.  The rice was regular rice, not basmati, mainly because I don't care that much about the difference.

I hope our discussions will spur the owner on to create some different, more authentic dishes on the regular menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment