Monday, June 29, 2015

Gusto

Location: Gusto

Rating: Not great
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  700 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Pork rice bowl
English Menu:No
Smoking:Yes (smoking section available, it seeps into the main area)


Gusto is one of several "family restaurant" chains that are quite common in Japan.  If Denny's is near the top of this type, Gusto is near the bottom.  However, they are ubiquitous, and usually equipped with parking, which makes them useful if you are in a car and can't find anywhere else to eat.

This Gusto is across the street from Daie Mall and a bit of a walk for not great food, so let's just say the only reason I went there today was to review it.  I'm running out of lunch places that I haven't reviewed, so I'm having to try further afield.






The food is pretty cheap, and since I prefer rice to bread (and had pasta for the past two meals) I went for the pork rice bowl.  It arrived fairly quickly and had an egg and some mayonnaise to stir up and make everything nice and creamy.  It was good, but a little sweet overall.  Nothing amazing.  Nice and cheap too.

Overall, there's nothing to get excited about here.  I don't look forward to returning and we tend to avoid the place in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment