Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pepper Lunch

Location: Pepper Lunch


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  730 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Spicy beef with rice
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

Pepper Lunch is quite popular with the base crowd, you'll see plenty of gaijin in there at most hours.  I wanted a light dinner so I was looking forward to having a chicken dish I'd had before.  However, I was greeted with two surprises.  First the ticket machine (this is usually a ticket machine restaurant) was out of order.  Second, there were no chicken dishes.  Not feeling like a hunk'o'meat, I went for the spicy beef rice dish.

Pepper Lunch's schtick is they bring out your meat still raw on an insanely hot metal plate that finishes the cooking for you.  If you pour sauces on too soon, it'll stop the cooking and send up a huge steam plume.  I guess it's fun.  Personally I prefer the Ikinari Steak place.  I may have heard somewhere that they are owned by the same company, but I dunno, I just like the vibe over there better.

The food was pretty much what you'd expect for really cheap meat, but it was filling, so no complaints.
















Still cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment