Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Shell

Location: Shell
****  Update 5/31/2018  ****
This restaurant has been replaced by E.M. Club, a bar mostly that has a pretty good Brazilian BBQ meat platter.
************************

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  1200 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Curry plate (includes curry, rice, fried chicken, salad, pickles and milk)
English Menu: Yes (soon)
Smoking: Yes

Shell is an izakaya just one block over from where I live.  But this Shell is not that Shell.  This is a new version of the Shell restaurant located up towards Chuo station.  It's a small, diner-esque spot that servers hamburgers and Yokosuka curry.  Very similar to the main Shell restaurant, except they don't do yakitori.  I've pretty much decided to stop doing izakayas as I am just not inspired by them, but this place seems to be going for the diner vibe and I figured I could kind of tackle two places at once.










This new Shell is so new that they were still in the process of translating the menus to English, but there are photos out front.  I liked the look of the curry platter with it's fried egg on top, so I ordered that.  It's a bit spendy for a teishoku type meal, but it's kind of a tourist trap, so to be expected.

The curry was unremarkable, but not bad, the karaage (fried chicken) was a nice touch.  The salad was good too.  I do love a glass of milk, but it wasn't really needed as there was no spiciness to speak of.  Overall, just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment