Monday, August 3, 2015

Gyorantei

Location: Gyorantei

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  2100 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Chirashizushi, shrimp and vegetable tenpura, miso soup
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes

----------------------

Update:  Huge thank you to the staff of Gyorantei.  I forgot to take back my credit card when paying and noticed this morning.  So I stopped back on my way home and they came running to give me back my card.  Man I love Japan!

----------------------



Gyorantei is up a road behind Hotel New Yokosuka.  Along with a curry restaurant, these two places are frequently overlooked in the "honch" area, as they are near some of the seedier spots.  But they are legit restaurants, and if a little touristy, they are still worth checking out.

Sachiko-san

Gyorantei is fun because of the decor (ship stuff) and the big tanks of water in the middle filled with stuff you can order and eat if you want.  There is also a huge spider crab that is not food, I was told, but is more of a pet, and even has a name (Sachiko-san).  It is quite amusing as it moves slowly back and forth, poking it's limbs out periodically.


Obviously, fish is the main thing served here, so I went with a chirashizushi (sashimi on a bed of sushi rice), but I also wanted some vegetables and the only thing for that seemed to be tempura.  Turns out the tempura also came with two shrimp and a bit of fish, so it was a quite a bit of food.  I also had some sake, but did not include in the price above.




It's not spectacular, but it's not bad food either.  I recall coming for lunch once and I believe there are some good lunch specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment