Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ismail Asian Grill

Location: Ismail Asian Grill

Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 1360 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Gapao Rice, tandoori chicken, lassi
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No

I saw this place the other week when looking for Spice Magic Calcutta, it's really close by.  I asked if they would do some different breads and was told sure...whatever I wanted.  Great, so I was looking forward to trying it.

Unfortunately, they were a bit busy, so they said they couldn't make me any interesting bread.  I ordered the "gapao" rice, which looked a bit like my favorite Thai dish, including an egg on top.  They also made me a salt lassi on request, which was ok.  The main dish was ok too, but not great.  I probably should have ordered a curry.  I also ordered some tandoori chicken, which was also...ok, not incredible though.

As I was finishing up, he said that now he could make me some roti.  I said no thankyou, I didn't need it anymore, but they  made it anyway and gave it to me for free, which was nice, but unnecessary.

A bit of a disappointment, but at least the other places won't have any competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment