Monday, August 17, 2015

Kitakuriya

Location: Kitakuriya

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price: 1000 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Signature ramen dish
English Menu: No
Smoking:No

Kitakuriya ramen was one of the first really good ramen places I ever ate at.  This was at their Kitakurihama location.  Back then we used to jump in someone's car for lunch and drive all the way over there just to have a bowl of their ramen.  Then I discovered Kami Buta in Yokosuka and my favorite shifted.  But *then* they opened up a new location downtown Yokosuka!  Unfortunately either my tastes have shifted or they are just not as good as the original location.









 This is a typical ramen shop with a ticket based system.  Most of their ramen is tonkotsu (pork bone broth) based.  They have the usual selections.  I just went for easy and took the 1000 yen signature ramen dish.  It was ok...the meat was unremarkable, the egg yolk not as runny as I like, but they threw in a ton of good seaweed and a quail egg.  Also it comes with some sesame oil soaked negi, which is nice.

Overall I found it really salty and not incredible, but still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment