Thursday, September 24, 2015

Nihonbashi Dashi Bar

Location: Nihonbashi Dashi Bar

Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner Part 1
Price:  360 yen
Payment:  Credit cards probably accepted
Dishes: Chicken miso soup
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No




Back at Haneda Airport last night/yesterday/two days ago (I can't tell anymore) as I was on my way to Bahrain for 2 weeks where I am currently.   I was really looking forward to going back and having more of this lovely little spot, a "dashi bar" that is sandwiched between several other excellent examples of Japanese food in a very cool spot on the balcony overlooking the Departures area.  The first time here I got the plain dashi broth and was instructed to add salt or soy sauce as needed.  It was amazing!  This time I wanted to try something else so I got the chicken miso soup.  This was heartier fare with lots of vegetables and chicken meatballs.  Very good also.  If you aren't terribly hungry or looking to snack at several places, this is one not to miss.  Also they sell the bonito flakes that you make dashi out of and it is high quality stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment