Thursday, October 15, 2015

Al Abraaj

Location: Al Abraaj


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 6.4 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Tabouleh, mutabel, grilled haloumi cheese, shish tawouk
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



Al Abraaj is a supposedly Kuwaiti chain that I do not recall from my time in Kuwait.  There is no native Kuwaiti food on the menu though, it's just the generic Arabic/Lebanese fare, which is pretty darn good no matter how you cut it.



I got my standard dishes, tabouleh, mutabel and shish tawouk (marinated roasted chicken pieces), plus grilled haloumi cheese, which is kind of Kuwaiti.  Haloumi cheese is a white, firm, salty cheese that roasts really nicely because it doesn't melt.  That dish was quite good.  The tabouleh and moutabel were quite sour, and I didn't like them as much.  The tawouk was just ok, not offensive, but not awesome.



Overall I give this place an Ok for here.  In Japan I would probably rate it Very Good.



No comments:

Post a Comment