Sunday, October 4, 2015

Banana Leaf

Location: Banana Leaf


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner and left overs for breakfast
Price:  10.000 BHD
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Green curry, ground chicken with basil and string beans, fresh spring rolls, garlic rice
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Banana Leaf is another great Thai place in Bahrain located a bit further from the US Navy Base than Patong.  Last time I was here it was the best Thai I could find here, but now that place has been supplanted by Patong.  But I wanted to review the place anyway because it's still quite good.

It's a smaller restaurant, a little less "nice" than Patong.  But they have lots of good stuff on the menu and I needed something for dinner and breakfast so I ordered a few more dishes than normal.  I went for the fresh spring rolls, garlic rice, green curry and ground chicken with basil and string beans.



After I got back to my hotel room I unpacked everything and had dinner.  The spring rolls were ok.  Both the main dishes were nicely spice, but not crazy.  The garlic rice was nice and garlicky.  Unfortunately, both the main dishes didn't seem to be using the freshest ingredients in comparison with Patong.  I remember everything being nice and crunchy without any gristly hard to eat bits.  I found this in both of the main dishes here.  They tasted all right, but comparing to the other place it's just a notch down, putting it at a Very Good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment