Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cho Gao

Location: Cho Gao


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Breakfast
Price: 4 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Beef tapsilog
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



I was in transit back from Bahrain and had a short layover in Dubai.  It was breakfast time and I hate airplane food so I went looking for something not repulsive for breakfast.  On the specials sign for the "neuvo" Asian restaurant Cho Gao, I saw a Filipino dish advertised (beef tapsilog).  Yay!



I had a few Bahraini dinar left so they let me pay with those.  The dish took a while to cook, but it was quite good.  The egg was a disappointment though as they asked me how I wanted it, to which I responded "over-easy".  I don't know but when I am asked how I want something and I specify it, that's when my expectations are set.  When the dish arrived the egg was rubbery and hard...oh well.  The beef itself was very tasty and tender, and it went well with the rice.

I have no idea what the rest of the food at this restaurant is like, but this dish was very good, despite the egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment