Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Coco's Cafe

Location: Coco's Cafe
Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  Around 6 BHD
Payment:  Not sure
Dishes:Garlic mushroom soup, chicken stroganoff
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes, outside


Coco's Cafe has no sign, so I could take a picture.  It's located near the Gulf Hotel in Bahrain, in a cluster of fancier restaurants.  My boss here wanted to take my co-worker and I out so we went there last night.  I'd heard about Coco's for a while, that the food was great, but the service wasn't great.  It was time to find out.



First, it's very unassuming, like I said there is no sign.  It's a converted older villa and there is a courtyard area where you can eat if you like.  We asked about going in, but it would be a 30 minute wait, so we opted for outside, despite the heat.  There was a big fan at least.



I didn't think the service was too bad considering the number of people there.  The one thing was they brought our drinks rather late.  Otherwise, it the food was there in a reasonable amount of time.  Best of all, the prices are quite good.

The garlic mushroom soup was very garlicky, but a bit tart for my taste to really enjoy it.  The chicken stroganoff though was very good, rich and delicious.  I heartily recommend it.

Over all, it was quite a good experience.  I would want to eat inside next time, but otherwise no real complaints.  Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment