Thursday, October 1, 2015

Isfahani

Location: Isfahani


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 6.000 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Roasted eggplant dip, chicken and rice dish, yoghurt drink
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No




I was really looking forward to Isfahani as it advertised as a Persian restaurant which to me usually means Iranian dishes other than roast meat.  I ate here yesterday for lunch, but I arrived before 12 and so I had to eat breakfast.  It wasn't very good, so I didn't bother reviewing it for that meal.  Today I went back after 12 for lunch to see if it was any better.




There were a few dishes that were not just grilled meat, but not as many as I was hoping for.  It was not much different than any other arabic food style place really.  I tried a new type of roasted eggplant dip, a yoghurt drink and a dish with chicken and rice.  I can't remember the proper names of anything.




Well...sad to say it was all disappointing.  The roasted eggplant dish was not very flavorful, despite adding pepper and hot sauce that was on the table.  The yoghurt drink was terrible, with an almost spoiled taste.  I couldn't drink more than a sip or two.  The chicken and rice dish was all right...but again, lacking in significant flavors.






It's still good food, if a little expensive, so I still rate it an Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment