Saturday, October 10, 2015

La Pergola

Location: La Pergola


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 16.540 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Beef tenderloin stuffed with foie gras, topped with brie, served with mashed potatoes and spinach
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



Well I splurged a bit today and tried out this supposedly excellent Italian restaurant in the Gulf Hotel. Someone from work told me about this amazing stuffed beef tenderloin.  Ummm...not so much.  I've never had foie gras before, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't the real thing.  It's supposed to have this rich flavor, but I couldn't detect anything in there.  The brie cheese topping barely added anything, so otherwise it was a fairly normal piece of meat.  Not bad, but not incredible, and for the price, I would have expected incredible.



On the plus side, I had a look at the 40 other restaurants there (Persian, Lebanese, Thai, Chinese, Neuvo Asian, etc...) and I might come back to try some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment