Friday, October 9, 2015

Moroccan Gallery

Location: Moroccan Gallery

Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch for 2
Price: 9 BHD (I think)
Payment: Credit cards accepted (I think)
Dishes: Soup, scrambled egg and tomatoes, chicken and vegetable tajine, chicken and olives tajine
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes (it's also a shisha bar)



My co-worker and I had to go extend our visas for our 3rd week here in Bahrain which involves going to the immigration office and navigating the bureaucracy inherent in such an effort.  We took a taxi to the immigration office and after getting the job done we walked just down the street (Exhibition Road I believe) and found a Moroccan restaurant and shisha cafe to eat lunch at.



It's a comfy spot and I wish it was closer so I could try the shisha some time.  I was suspicious that they might not actually have real Moroccan food so I took a look at the menu first.  I saw several tajine dishes so figured we were safe.



I saw some appetizers I did not recognize so I ordered them, but they turned out to just be soup and scrambled eggs with tomatoes.  I did get some turkish coffee, as I hadn't had any yet.  It's still good.



The tajine were a bit disappointing, lacking in complex flavor.  I've had good Moroccan before and these do not qualify.  It wasn't bad, just not particularly good.  So that's an ok verdict I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment