Friday, October 2, 2015

Sticky Fingers

Location: Sticky Fingers


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch for 2
Price: 6.500 BHD
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:Adobong pusit, beef marinated in soy sauce, garlic fried rice
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Update 9/3/2016 - I'm back in Bahrain and I was walking along Shebab Ave/American Alley and noticed that in a courtyard filled with various massage parlors there was a new restaurant...but actually it was an old restaurant, Sticky Fingers has moved!  I've updated the map locations to reflect its new location.

*****

Sticky Fingers is a Filipino food restaurant located down a street that starts from an alternate exit from the Bahrain Navy Base.  A friend at work turned us on to it.  They are located across from the Bahrain School.  Sorry for the short sentences, still recovering from the heat.



Its a lovely little place, clean and cool.  And it isn't a bar!  Yay!  Someone in Yokosuka please take note.  The menu is full of lovely Filipino dishes, and I was hard pressed to choose, but when I saw the adobong pusit (squid adobo) was sold!  I love adobong pusit, and it's my favorite way to eat squid, because the squid is usually cooked a while in the vinegar and soy sauce so it is tender, plus it's cooked in its own squid ink which imparts an inky black sauce that is tart and indefinable.   It's usually cooked with some spicy green peppers too, so there is a bit of a kick to it.

Sadly, the adobong pusit I had today met none of my expectations...there was no squid ink, it was cooked rather quickly so the squid was a bit rubbery and in general, it was just a bit sad.  Oh well.  My friend's dish was good (I had a bite, it was ok), and the garlic fried rice was passable.  I hope some of the other items on the menu are better because I intend to order some for delivery before I leave in a week or so.

For this first impression though, the food merits an Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment