Wednesday, November 11, 2015

One Drop Cafe

Location: One Drop Cafe


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1300 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Pork curry teishoku
English Menu: No
Smoking: No



One Drop Cafe is a newer spot on Dobuita Street, sandwiched between some rather seedy places.  But this is not another bar, it's a swanky cafe with a bustling lunch crowd, higher than normal prices, and pretty good food to show for it.  It has a really funky schedule, written in Japanese on the outside, so if you find it closed, try again on another day.  They are also open for dinner, but less often than for lunch.

The set came with tea and some kind of fruit juice
I finally made it in for lunch today (Wednesday) and had a look at the menu, which is only in Japanese.  I get the feeling dishes are very seasonal here.  I opted for the "meat" curry (turned out to be pork), despite the fact that I usually avoid curries.  I had a good feeling about this one.



Turns out I was right!  The slice of pork was thick and juicy, there were some tasty fall vegetables in there too, and the sauce was well flavored without the starchy consistency of some Japanese curries.  I have a feeling everything else on the menu would also reflect the attention to quality.  There was even a bin of fresh vegetables to the side in the same room as the diners, indicating they get their stuff local most likely.

Quite good, I'd recommend it as a nice spot for some quality food.

No comments:

Post a Comment