Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pomme's

Location: Pomme's

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch for 3
Price: 3000 yen (ish)
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Medium omurice, small omurice, spaghetti carbonara
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

*******************
Update 1/11/2018
Well that's a bummer, Pomme's has actually been closed for a while.
It's been replaced by a mediocre restaurant.
*******************

Lots of options...
Pomme's is our favorite omurice spot.  Omurice is a Japaneseified omelet  dish involving rice topped with a thin egg omelet, topped with other stuff.  The "typical" omurice is not good at all in our opinion as it consists of ketchup mixed in with the rice and often a demiglace brown sauce on top, neither of which are we fond of.  But Pomme's gets a Very Good, kind of like Sukiya, because for it's genre, it's Very Good, and we genuinely look forward to eating there.


Chicken and spinach cream sauce
Some other details about ordering there...each omurice dish has a "default" rice setting.  There is butter rice, normal (i.e. ketchup) rice, "japanese" flavor rice (soy sauce I think), and dry curry rice (my favorite).  You can ask to change from whatever your rice dish has to any of the other rices if you prefer it.  Otherwise, the biggest thing to be aware of is the size issue.  Every time I go, I forget about this, and this time was no exception.  I ordered...a Medium.  There are 4 sizes available:  SS, S, M and L.  I recommend the S.  Going to M resulted in a humongous mound of rice I really shouldn't have finished...but take away isn't really a thing here, so I felt obliged to finish it.  My wife's S was much more manageable.  I shudder to think of what an L size looks like.


Mushroom and shrimp cream sauce
My son thinks he dislikes omurice (even these) so he went with a spaghetti carbonara (yes, there's pasta too, and doria if you want).  It was fine...hard to go wrong there.


Spaghetti carbonara

So if you are needing a carb overload...head on over to the top floor of More's City and get your omurice on.

No comments:

Post a Comment