Friday, November 6, 2015

Poporamama

Location: Poporamama

*** Update 6/28/2019 ***

This place is closed

***

Rating: Nasty
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price:  2160 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: "Carbonara" pizza, fresh ham pizza, red carbonara pasta
English Menu:Yes
Smoking: No (but smoking section leaks)




It's been a while since my last Nasty rating I guess.  My son and I went to grab dinner and so we tried a nearby Japanese Italian restaurant that is oddly in the same building as a Saizeriya.  Both are the "family" style Italian restaurant that I dislike, but this place upped the ante for nastiness.



My son wanted a carbonara pizza, so he ordered what appeared to be such.  When it arrived, it had scrambled eggs mixed with mayonnaise like you put on an egg sandwich on top.  He said it made him want to throw up.  Needles to say, he didn't eat much of it.  I ordered a fresh ham pizza with avocado.  The avocado was *not* fresh, but chunks that had clearly been frozen or preserved and reanimated in some fashion, like what you get at fast food joints.  Disgusting, but I choked it down.  My son appreciated my crusts.  I had also ordered a "red" (aka slightly spicy, but nothing to speak of) carbonara pasta.  This was edible at least, but nothing special.

Terrible meal, and this place gets a Nasty from both my son and I.  To make up for it, I took him over to the standing yakitori spot so he could get some protein in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment