Friday, November 6, 2015

Sitar

Location: Sitar

Rating: Not great
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 2500 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Kid's set, special Keema dish, spicy garlic tandoori chicken
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No


Ugh...this place was quite terrible.  I'm having to reach a bit further afield for Indian restaurants to review now.  My son and I hopped on the train at Yokosuka Chuo and went towards Kurihama/Uraga, getting off at Horinouchi.  This is close enough to still be considered part of Yokosuka, but not quite far out enough to be comfortably walkable from home.  We had eaten there before a long time ago, and it wasn't impressive then either.  Still, one always holds out hope.



My son always orders the "child set" (sometimes called the "baby set" to his chagrin), despite the fact that he is 13 years old (and will be 14 soon).  He still looks quite young, so no one bats an eye at it.  Eventually they will probably stop letting him get away with it, but I'm happy for now since it means a cheaper meal overall.  His curry was incredibly sweet.  I joked that you could drizzle it on waffles.  He didn't care for it either and for the first time ever he didn't finish it.



I ordered a "special" keema dish, which turned out to be a hot stone bowl with rice, keema, cheese and a fried egg on top.  I had asked for it to be "very spicy" but it was medium at best.  The flavor was minimal, overwhelmed by the rice.  I also ordered a spicy garlic tandoori chicken dish, which had lots of garlic flavor, but was otherwise not that great.  It had none of the "tandoor" crispiness.  I cut it up into little pieces and put it into the keema rice dish.  It was plenty of food, and I took some home for breakfast this morning.  It hadn't improved much overnight.

I cannot recommend this place, it's not very good at all.  Barely above a "Nasty" rating really (because hey...it's Indian food, I could probably find *something* decent to eat there if I had to go back).

No comments:

Post a Comment