Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hukutai

Location: Hukutai

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 1430 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Gomoku fried rice,  Pork and cabbage miso teishoku
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes



It continues to amaze me that we haven't yet exhausted all the Chinese restaurants within walking distance.  Here is yet another spot, kind of a dive really, but the food was decent enough if average.  Large portions and cheap!  It's definitely more of a high Ok/low Very Good rating.



My son and I walked down to this place and ordered some of our typical favs, him preferring fried rice and often going with gomoku (or five ingredients) fried rice, and me going with the pork and cabbage miso stir fry teishoku.  My son's dish was to his liking and it tasted fine to me as well.  It was a huge mound of fried rice that he somehow managed to pack away.  I guess his 14 year old body is starting to need more energy to power it.  My teishoku was typical, with a large portion of the rather oily cabbage and pork stir fried with miso.  The side dishes were all very adequate.



On the whole, we both kind of liked the place, though it's not likely we'll get that far down the road again very often, although there is another Chinese restaurant about a block closer to us that we will have to review some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment