Friday, April 29, 2016

Anone

Location: Anone

Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price:  3020 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Goya champuru, fried rice, tofuyou otoshi, coke, awamori
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:Yes


***Update 7/10/2018***
I popped back in to this place last night as I'd heard their selection of awamori was larger than I originally realized.  Had a couple of drinks and some sashimi.  It was quite delicious.  Also, they had an English menu, so figured I should update the review to reflect that fact.
***

My son and I went back to the building from last week, this time going upstairs instead of down, to try the izakaya there.  Turns out this place specializes in Okinawan cuisine, which is great, because I love that stuff!

Otoshi of the day - dashi broth with daikon and tuna

There was no fried rice on the (Japanese) menu, but I asked if they could make some and they did.  I went for the goya champuru (asked for a small bowl of rice) and couldn't help myself from ordering some tofuyou (delicious fermented tofu...like cream cheese).  A coke for my son and awamori for me.


Goya champuru

The decorations are really neat, the place feels like an old-school comfy spot that I wouldn't mind returning to some time.  There are tatami mats with backed seats (no hole for your feet) and bar seating.  The music was excellent (jazz and soul).


Tofuyou
A nice surprise, and I'm looking forward to bringing my wife back here some time.  Helps that it's 1 minute from our apartment.


Chahan

No comments:

Post a Comment