Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Isomaru

Location: 2 Chome Wakamatsuchō, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken 238-0007, Japan

Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 830 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Avocado and tuna rice bowl
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:Yes


A fairly recently opened izakaya, Isomaru is most likely part of a big corporate chain.  It runs on pretty slick wheels and has a bright, cheery, seafood oriented feel.  There's a big basin full of living oysters and things as you enter the place.  Luckily, the lunch crowd didn't seem to be wanting to smoke, but there were ash trays everywhere.   The waitress promptly gave me an English full menu and lunch menu, which was mostly full of sea food themed dishes.


Avocado and Tuna Rice Bowl

I opted for the avocado and tuna rice bowl.  This arrived with little fanfare (no teishoku accompaniments sadly) and was decent enough.  I paid with a credit card (nice) and headed next door to Burger King to buy the first sandwich from them I've had in many years.  It was unimpressive...but on sale  Isomaru left little of an impression on me...I doubt I'll be back very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment