Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Genbu

Location: Genbu


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price:  2000 yen
Payment: Cash only (I think)
Dishes:  Cold soba and tempura, plus an order of gobo tempura
English Menu: No
Smoking: Maybe in the evening, not at lunch



For lunch today I tried out a nice looking Soba/Tempura restaurant across from Torigin.  Someone told me they are both owned by the same group.  The place was pretty hopping when I got there but I snagged a seat at the counter.  The menu is all in Japanese, but there are pictures.  I had a hankering for cold soba so I ordered a set with tempura.  Then I saw that they had gobo tempura and I had to order one.




 
The food was all quite tasty and well made.  None of the tempura had the heavy, oily taste of substandard places.  The soba was nice and chewey too.  This place is definitely in the upper tier of soba spots in Yokosuka I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment