Monday, July 25, 2016

Aoyuzu

Location: Aoyuzu


Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch for 3
Price: 3650 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Sashimi don, tempura/fried fish teishoku, red snapper sashimi teishoku
English Menu:No
Smoking:No



Aoyuzu is a Japanese restaurant located in one of the buildings near Lalport Mall Toyosu where we go to church.  This last Sunday we walked over there to try another restaurant in that area.  This place looked nice enough so we gave it a shot.  The Ok rating is actually a high Ok, or a low Very Good.  We enjoyed the food fine, and my wife commented that the tempura was particularly good compared to sub par offerings elsewhere, but we weren't super impressed by it.

Partially decimated sashimi don

My son barely consented to the sashimi don and otherwise would have gone hungry.  My wife and I ate all the delicious fish and shrimp, leaving him salmon roe and tamago, and of course rice.  Not a feast, but oh well, picky eaters can't complain (at least they shouldn't).  My wife went with a tempura/fried fish teishoku that she quite liked, though the chopsticks there were not very pointed at the end, making the delicate work of sifting through bones quite difficult.  Normally I quite like using chopsticks to pick through fish bones, but when they aren't pointy enough you can never quite grasp anything.  My dish was a red snapper sashimi dish with dashi broth.  I was a bit puzzled by the broth, as it came in a small iron container.  I just poured it out into the bowl and drank it...yummy but I got the feeling I was missing something.  The red snapper was fine...I'm not super into delicately flavored sashimi.  I like big, bold tastes like tuna and salmon.

Tempura/fish teishoku


They seem to be primarily a seafood restaurant, but with the tempura in there it's kind of generic Japanese.  It was quite good, definitely a high Ok rating.

Red snapper sashimi teishoku

No comments:

Post a Comment