Saturday, July 23, 2016

Hanbei

Location: Hanbei


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price:  3132 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Drinks, see below
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:  Yes



I was looking for a spot to smoke a cigar last night as I had left my keys at home and my wife and son were out and about.  I finally found this interesting 50s Japan themed izakaya that is down the little alleyway that the standing Yakitori stand is located on.  I really liked the decor and vibe of the place.  I really only had 3 pieces of oden for a meal and it wasn't the best, but I liked the place overall enough to give it a Very Good and hope to come back to confirm the rating with more food some time.  Just a note:  they don't sell cigars there, they were just ok with me smoking one.



****************
Update:  7/28/2019

****************


So I went back here with my son last night to check out more of their food options.  And hey, they do have an English menu!  This was excellent as now I could read all the crazy food options they have.  Check it out:

Free refills on cabbage!

It's pretty good actually

"Chicken rice"...not so good

Grasshoppers...quite tasty

"High quality cat food" - not bad!

Mmm..froglegs

Yakitori

Melon Sherbert

Yakitori and offal in soup

No comments:

Post a Comment