Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nana's Green Tea

Location: Nana's Green Tea


Rating: Not great
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 2400 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:  Tuna and avocado donburi set, ground chicken and egg doburi set
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Nana's Green Tea is a tea cafe (is that a thing?) located on one of the mid floors of More's City, a mallish building attached to Yokosuka Chuo Station.  My wife and I needed some groceries so we decided to go down and eat there for lunch today prior to doing some grocery shopping.  We'd had some of their matcha lattes and such before which are really very good, and I had noticed their food menu but had not gotten around to eating there yet.

Avocado and tuna bowl

You order at the register and pay, then sit down and they bring your dishes.  It's pretty simple fair, mostly udon or rice bowl dishes.  We opted for rice bowls and the lunch set came with a drink, soup and small dessert (mochi balls with anko beans).  I got the iced matcha latte and my wife got the iced coffee.  I have to say the best part was my matcha latte.

Ground chicken with egg bowl
The dishes were sadly underwhelming.  But the space is nice for meeting someone to talk.  I wouldn't recommend the food really though.  My wife's dish was a bit better due to the tuna and avocado (tiny amounts of each) while mine was bland and flavorless.  The soup was meh, and the dango (mochi balls) strangely chemical in taste.  Neither of us really enjoyed it.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment