Friday, August 12, 2016

Toriyoshi

Location: Toriyoshi


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 3085 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Chicken wings, chicken hearts, vegetables
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes


Well it's my first Izakaya Thursday without my son in a while.  He's now attending boarding school in the Philippines, so I'm on my own for Thursdays now.  My wife continues to prefer the company of her knitting group on Thursdays.  Fine by me, I can be a bit more adventurous!

Chicken hearts


Toriyoshi is a new restaurant that opened in the same spot as Isomaru.  There is another Isomaru located nearer the train station, so I just moved that review over there.  Toriyoshi is an izakaya but they specialize in chicken dishes.  Their English menus is nicely laid out and easy to use.

Chicken wings

I went with the signature chicken wings (twice cooked somehow) which were...meh, I wasn't too impressed.  The chicken heart dish was a bit disappointing too as it was all chopped up and the sauce was super sweet.  The vegetable dish was just fine.  Overall, not super impressive, but not bad.  The staff was very nice and at least one waitress spoke English quite well.

Veg


No comments:

Post a Comment