Saturday, September 17, 2016

Kosebasi

Location: Kosebasi


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price:  13.9 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: lentil soup, zucchini garlic yogurt dip, pide, manti
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No



Köşebaşı (pronounced "kuhshebahshi") is a Turkish restaurant in the Citycentre mall in Bahrain.  My wife and I were there the other day and decided to eat dinner here.  Turkish food is a bit of a mystery to me, as it seems to be the origination of many foods I love, but when I eat actual Turkish food it's usually a bit of a disappointment.  The worst was Istanbul itself, which had lots of delicious looking food in all the restaurants, but when I tasted it it was usually pretty bland.  Even dönner kebabs, which migrated to Germany from Turkey, and from there eventually to London where I first had one, were a great disappointment (in both Turkey and Germany).  But this place looked good so we decided to give it a shot.


lentil soup, yogurt dip and bread

Good thing we did, it was very good!  The lentil soup was incredible, and the zucchini garlic yogurt dip truly off the charts.  The free bread that came with the dip was top quality.  We got a lamb dumpling dish covered with yogurt that was good, but not great, and a pide that was also tasty but not my favorite.  Still, overall the meal was delicious and I would love to go back some day.


pide

lamb manti

spinach thing (not our favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment