Friday, September 23, 2016

Nu Asia

Location: Nu Asia


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 5.3  BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted (most likely)
Dishes: Oyster sauce beef, rice, water
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Nu Asia advertises Indian, Thai, Japanese and Chinese cuisines.  That's a lot of cuisines!  "Trying too hard" is a phrase that would be true of this place.  It's nice enough of a spot to eat at, but I don't think I'm too anxious to get back.


I decided to go for some Chinese as it had been a while.  The oyster sauce beef looked ok, with some veggies in there.  You have to order rice separate.  For the price, the dish was just so so, not much flavor, a bit glutinous, the beef chewey.  I asked for some hot oil sauce or something and got tobasco sauce and some spiced vinegar, neither of which I like.  I ate a little and took the rest home for a meal over the weekend.  It's likely their Indian food is their strength, and I almost got the lamb shank curry, but I've had so much recently I felt like I should try something different.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment