Friday, September 30, 2016

Tasty Congee

Location: Tasty Congee


Rating: OK
Meal: Breakfast
Price: 116 HKD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Meat and egg congee, shumai, sweet beef buns
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

Thankfully they started at 6:30am

Hong Kong Airport, after midnight and before 6am is a miserable place to be.  On my way to Bahrain, I got there just as everything closed.  On my way back, I got there a few hours before everything opened.  You would think an international travel hub would be 24x7 but noooo...it is not.  Around 6:30am a restaurant I would deign to eat at opened.  I couldn't quite catch the Chinese name, so I went with the name on my receipt:  Tasty Congee.


Congee is a Chinese rice soup/porridge that seems to be common for breakfast, although I think you can eat it any time.  There was a breakfast special with a choice of congee and dimsum and some BBQ buns.  I went for it, and though the shumai and pork buns weren't very good, the congee really hit the spot.  I didn't think I would eat much of it, but ended up downing the whole bowl.  I only give this place an Ok because of the disappointment in the other parts of the meal.  I'd eat that congee again for sure.

If you're lucky enough to get to the Hong Kong airport when things are open, this place is pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment