Monday, September 5, 2016

Wagamama

Location: Wagamama

Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 7.750  BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: duck gyoza, kara age
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



I have fond memories of Wagama from Kuawit, before we had ever been to Japan.  I figured it was a nice enough spot for a small lunch.  This one is located at the Seef Centrepoint mall in Bahrain and is up near the cinema entrance.  I had decided to spend the afternoon watching movies to pass the time.

Duck gyoza


They have a little bit of everything Japanese on the menu, from curry rice to ramen, to stuff you'd never normally see in Japan such as lamb yakisoba.  I was tempted by the lamb, but wanted to keep the meal small, so I ordered two appetizers, the duck gyoza and kara age.  The duck gyoza was ok, the meat being dark and tasy, but the gyoza itself appeared to have been deep fried.  The dipping sauce was insanely sweet, as was the gyoza dough.  The kara age was chewy and pretty disappointing.

Kara age

This meal was just an Ok, but perhaps there are better things on the menu.  Pity I probably won't be trying it out again...too many other good options!

No comments:

Post a Comment