Sunday, November 27, 2016

Beavertails

Location: Beavertails


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Lunch snack
Price:  1150 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Nutella covered and basil garlic butter
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

Sadly, the pouteen was sold out

Seeking to make the most of our "street/fair food" frenzy at the La Qua near the Tokyo Dome, my wife and I determined to have some of the delicious looking "beavertails" (aka fried bread with stuff on) being sold from a mobile van in the middle of the open area.  Oh my, am I glad we did!  This stuff is like manna from heaven!  You can put pretty much anything on top, or just slather with butter and go to town!  Not overly oily, and deliciously crisp in the center, they are dangerously addictive.  Probably a good thing we don't have one anywhere near us.


Beavertails is a Canadian franchise, so I'm not sure how it got over here, but I'm glad it did.  Maybe we'll see more of them around town if they get popular.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment