Sunday, November 27, 2016

Morizumi Kitchen

Location: Morizumi Kitchen


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 2600 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Cheesy tomato sauce gyoza, chicken broth ramen, special miso ramen
English Menu:  Yes
Smoking:  No



My wife and I spent the night at the Tokyo Dome Hotel on Friday as she had a very late night roller derby scrimmage to attend at one of the very few real roller skating rinks in Japan.  Since the scrimmage didn't start until 10pm, we spent a pleasant evening wandering around the environs and looking for dinner.  Initially we weren't going to do ramen, but then we spied The Noodle Shop which looked very different from the typical ramen joints we are used to.  So we decided it would do nicely.



We both loved the looks of a cheezy tomato gyoza so we got one of those.  And my wife is always partial to a chicken broth based ramen, so that's what she went for.  I felt obligated to try something not on the seasonal menu, so I got a special miso base ramen.



The gyoza was ok...we were a bit disappointed by the tomato sauce which kind of overwhelmed the flavor of the gyoza.  I think fresh tomatoes would have been better.  My wife quite liked her chicken ramen, but I wasn't too impressed with the flavor.  Same with my miso ramen.  The broth was interesting, but didn't really hold up to the noodles so once you really started eating it the taste was rather bland.  I did enjoy drinking the last of the broth up as then you could really taste it.  I wonder if their tsukemen would be a better option.


Anyway, overall I have to say we enjoyed it at around an Ok rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment