Friday, December 16, 2016

Katsuya

Location: Katsuya

Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1090 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Katsudon and tonjiru
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


A friend of mine at work wanted to show me a new tonkatsu restaurant he had found.  It's a bit of a drive from work, but we made the trip in an hour barely.


Katsuya is a chain of tonkatsu restaurants that my wife and I had eaten at once long ago closer to Yokota.  We remarked that it was a good thing this chain didn't exist closer to home as it's very convenient, usually has parking lots, and is quite cheap.  We noticed this branch open up at some point, but since we don't live down near Kurihama anymore we haven't had a chance to eat there again.

It was quite decent, and I would probably give it a Very Good were there not such great competition.  I would say it goes  Hirokatsu, then Wako, then Katsuya, then 7-11.  However their tonjiru (pork soup) was absolutely delicious and I was glad I got an extra large bowl of the stuff.  This place is always a welcome sight when I'm in my car around lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment