Friday, February 17, 2017

Chanoma

Location: Chanoma

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 3700 yen
Payment: Cash
Dishes: Miso pork, oden, hot sake
English Menu: No
Smoking:  Yes


I ate at a local, new to me, izakaya last night called Chanoma.  It was run by an older guy who said he was from Kagoshima originally, the southern island in the main Japanese chain.  He spoke super fast and was hard to understand, but turns out their accent down there is just like that.  We made ourselves understood regardless.

Oden

The menu was entirely in Japanese so pointed to the one with the kanji for pork and he cooked me up two slabs of pork and covered them in a delicious home made miso sauce.  He also gave me a bowl of rice to go with it.  Oh and earlier he had given me some oden as the "mandatory appetizer" and I ordered some hot sake.  It was a pleasant experience and the food was decent.  He did say he doesn't usually like to deal with English speakers as he speaks none himself, but I guess if you make an effort he might make an exception. 


Miso pork

No comments:

Post a Comment