Thursday, February 23, 2017

Hanyu Rest Area

Location: Hanyu Rest Area

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 2800 yen
Payment: Cash
Dishes:  Pork horumon hot pot, taiyaki (sweet and savory), japanese desserts
English Menu: No
Smoking: No


My wife and I were heading back into Tokyo from up north over the weekend.  She wanted to stop at a "famous" rest area that has a little Edo style set of restaurants.  It was dark and rainy when we arrived, but sure enough there was a lovely little set of restaurants (a food court basically) all couched in a nicely decorated Edo-period architecture.  All of the food available was Japanese but there was lots of variety available.

Pork horumon hot pot

I went for a pork dish that turned out to be a pork intestines dish.  Luckily I don't have an issue with that and it was actually pretty good.  My wife saw the taiyaki okonomiyaki and got one of those plus a custard fish.  I also grabbed some yummy looking Japanese desserts.  We both enjoyed the food well enough, but it wasn't amazing or anything.  Pretty darn good for rest area food, that's for sure!

Japanese desserts

Taiyaki

No comments:

Post a Comment