Thursday, February 9, 2017

Jasmine

Location: Jasmine


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price:  5200 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Garlic roasted vegetables, seared duck, creamy oyster pasta
English Menu: No
Smoking: No

Garlic roasted vegetables

My wife and I tried out a little french restaurant on 16 that I've seen for some time but never gotten around to.  Jasmine is quite small, and their menu is entirely in Japanese, so picking something out might be a challenge.  There was only one person running the place, both waitress and cook.  While we did order a glass of cider I subtracted its price (500 yen) from the total above.

Seared duck

The prices are quite high, so we weren't sure what to expect exactly, but as the food started arriving we were pleasantly surprised with the high quality.  The roasted veg was great, still nicely crunchy.  The duck (we didn't know what it was when we ordered it) was seared around the outside but still raw in the middle.  We assumed this was normal and ate it (and I am I am still alive to tell the tale).  The creamy oyster pasta was the best dish though, with my wife declaring it the best cream sauce pasta she's had to date in Japan.

Creamy oyster pasta

So although it was spendy the quality seems to justify the price and we both agreed it deserves a Very Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment