Thursday, March 30, 2017

Yakitori Standard

Location: Yakitori Standard

***Update 6/10/2018***
This spot has been replaced by another izakaya called Ichibal.
********************
Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price:  3391 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Various little dishes, interesting sour drink
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


Back to my usual schedule of trying a new place in Yokosuka out on Wednesday nights, I walked up close to Chuo station to try a recently opened yakitori izakaya called Yakitori Standard.  It's upstairs and wide open, brightly lit.  They welcome english speakers and have a nicely laid out English menu.

Chicken liver

They had an interesting looking sour drink that is served in a copper mug that I tried.  I quite liked it, refreshing and not sweet.  Not sure what was in it, but I'm guessing shochu of some kind.

Miso stewed tripe

Of course this is an izakaya so you just order a bunch of little dishes until you are full, so I'm just going to list them here in the pictures.  It was a pleasant experience and I wouldn't mind bringing my wife back here.

Negi chicken

Tsukune

Ground chicken in green pepper

Mini ramen

Bacon wrapped cherry tomatoes
 
Deep fried chicken skin

No comments:

Post a Comment