Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Barbacoa


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 5400 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Lots of meat, and a buffet
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:No


So a former co-worker and friend had a going away party the other day at the Barbacoa in Roppongi Hills.  Roppongi Hills is a large mall in Roppongi that features many fine restaurants.  Barbacoa is a Brazilian BBQ restaurant chain in Japan with several branches.  It was my first time to experience Brazilian BBQ style dining in Japan.


I've had Brazilian BBQ before in the US, Kenya, and Guam (that's about it though).  I have to say I was a bit disappointed by how Barbacoa stacked up in comparison.  The buffet was great...but that's not really the reason you go to these places.  The meat (mostly beef) was often quite dry, and the flavors were very one-noted.  I enjoyed the sausage and chicken that appeared at first, but when we specifically asked for more chicken none ever appeared.  There was some lamb that was a welcome change of taste.  Overall it is not a place I would bother with again probably, given the price.


Speaking of which, what is listed above is the menu price for just the buffet.  Because this was a party I was at, the entire bill was split between all attendees (minus the party boy), which meant that instead of paying 5400 yen I paid around 8300 yen, as everyone else had ordered drinks.  Another reason, along with the deafening noise, that I will avoid parties in the future, as I usually do.  But I did want to see my friend again before he went back to the US, so I guess it was worth it for that.  

There aren't may pictures because I didn't wish to be obnoxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment