Thursday, May 4, 2017

Manila Kitchen

Location: Manila Kitchen


Rating: Not great
Meal: Dinner
Price: 800 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Pinakbet, dinuguan, soup, rice
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes


So Curry Port has closed and been replaced by Manila Kitchen.  I grew up in the Philippines and love Filipino food, but Yokosuka has been, overall, a disappointment on that front, despite several local Filipino restaurants.  I was hoping that trend would be interrupted, but unfortunately it was not to be.


The 800 yen special is the way to go and you get a couple of dishes with rice and soup.  I chose pinakbet (vegetables with shrimp paste) and dinuguan (pork innards cooked in pork blood).  The food was ok, but not great, and the general atmosphere of the place is pretty unpleasant.  I ended up eating my food as quickly as possible to get out as I was assaulted by awful Youtube randomness blaring in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment