Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sewa

Location: Sewa


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price:  3350 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Pork biryani, keema curry set
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


After church last weekend we walked to a nearby Indian (Nepalese) restaurant with a couple from church who recommended it.  Of course we were there primarily to enjoy their company but while there I figured I'd get a review in as well.

pork biryani

Normally I cringe when I see the obvious signs of a Nepalese run Indian restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised by this place.  They had chapati bread on the menu which we had to order some of and it was quite tasty.  In general the food was more complex in flavor than what we typically taste in these types of restaurants in Japan.

keema curry

I ordered the pork biryani because pork is an unusual meat at an Indian restaurant.  Unfortunately the pork itself was a bit dry, but there were whole spices used in the biryani and it tasted great.  My wife got the keema curry set and it also had good flavor.

Overall we were pleasantly surprised and so I'm giving this a low Very Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment