Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ana's Carinderia

Location: Ana's Carinderia

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 3240 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Filipino food buffet
English Menu: n/a
Smoking: No



Last Sunday my wife and I were up in Saitama where my wife was attending roller derby practice.  During the practice I wandered around looking for a good spot for dinner before we drove home.  Amazingly, almost across the street I found a pretty big Filipino restaurant and sari-sari store.  They had a buffet special going on (never saw a menu) for about 1500 yen a person.  My wife was starving after practice and a buffet sounded about right, so we had dinner there.

The food wasn't the best, but it was still pretty good, and we both enjoyed the experience.  It didn't have that "bar" feel that everything in Yokosuka has.  They had the usual Filipino variety show blasting on the TV and it was topped off with a performance by Gary Valenciano, a family friend!  The eating area is quite big and it was a very relaxing place.  I'm sure my wife will introduce it to her derby friends in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment