Thursday, September 14, 2017

Yuntako

Location: Yuntako


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 2150 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Sashimi (fish and horse), goya champuru
English Menu: No
Smoking: Yes


The temperature outside is finally coming down and I risked leaving my air conditioned apartment to hunt for some dinner last night.  As we're trying a low carb thing I figured I could find some yakitori or something, but instead ended up at an Okinawan izakaya.

fish of some kind

I asked after the sashimi selections and didn't quite understand the response, but ordered them anyway.  The first dish was a plate of some kind of silvery fish that was ok, not great.  The second was raw horse meat, not my favorite, but certainly low carb!

horse sashimi

Then I waited...it took forever but finally I got my goya champuru and was decent enough.  Overall, not a great impression, but maybe if I go back someday and try some other stuff I'll like it more.

goya champuru

No comments:

Post a Comment