Sunday, December 17, 2017

Panaderia y Taqueria Gonzalez

Location: Panaderia y Taqueria Gonzalez

Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner for 3
Price:  $25.23
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:  3 tacos lengua, 1 chicken burrito, 1 bean and cheese burrito, 1 horchata
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


We finally reached my hometown in the US (Newberg, OR) and for dinner we stopped by the Panaderia y Taqueria Gonzalez, my favorite Mexican restaurant in town.  There are other places that do certain things better (i.e. the "wet" sauce of Marthas Tacos in Lafayette, if it is still open, is better), but for your basic burrito supreme, this place is hard to beat.  However, since we weren't that hungry and I am trying to watch the carbs, I ordered 3 tacos with lengua, thinking it would be smaller.   Ha!  I could only eat two, and am having the 3rd for breakfast!  My wife ate about 2/3 of her chicken burrito, and even my son gave up after a heroic effort to eat his bean and cheese (Mexican white cheese, natch) burrito.

Putting the "bakery" in "Panaderia"

Of course, because this is a Panaderia in addition to being a Taqueria, I had to take a picture of the baked goods section, of which many a customer partook as we awaited our food.  A pity I don't care too much for Mexican baked goods.

3 enormous tacos lengua

Oh, my son begged for some horchata, which is a favorite, and we capitulated.  It's still delicious, though still stupidly sweet.  There must be a way to make a healthier version...

The burrito, possibly the least photogenic food in existence.

Ditto...

No comments:

Post a Comment