Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bamboo Vietnam Kitchen

Location: Bamboo Vietnam Kitchen

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1080 yen
Payment: Cash only (I think)
Dishes: Beef Pho set
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


One of the better soba spots in town, Tamaki, closed a few months back, and recently was reopened as a Vietnamese Restaurant!  So while I'm sad the other spot closed, I was super excited today to go and try out Bamboo Vietnam Kitchen for lunch.


The menu isn't huge, but they've got several good things to try, along with an extensive Vietnamese sandwich section.  I plan on returning frequently and trying everything on the menu eventually.

But today I had to start with the Pho and I love beef pho the most.  They have beef or chicken pho to choose from, so the options are limited in that department (to compare, the place we ate at in the US recently had about 30 different pho options).  You can get either as a set or by itself.  The set comes with 3 different spring rolls (one fresh) and a dessert, so I went for that.

The pho bowl was quite large and the noodles were the larger flat type of rice noodle.  The broth was delicious, though not quite as amazing as what we had in the US the other week.  The rolls were also quite tasty.  Overall I was quite pleased and very much looking forward to coming back.

Now I've only eaten at a couple of other Vietnamese places in Japan, so this doesn't mean much, but this is the best Vietnamese I've eaten in Japan so far.  And it's located on my block, so yay!

Also, they have a takeout counter for their sandwiches...pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment